Click on the thumbnail pictures below to link to a high resolution version of that photo, logo or poster. Please note some of the high resolution photos are 1.3Mb in size and could take some time to download depending on your internet connection.
Líadan’s mesmerising singing and creative instrumental music have been captivating audiences throughout Ireland, Europe and America since the band’s formation in Spring 2004. Blending together their rich musical backgrounds, these six talented young ladies create a fresh and exciting sound that explores both traditional and new material. The uniqueness of Líadan lies in the deeply traditional essence of their music and in each band member’s ability to shine both instrumentally and vocally. Líadan’s stage presence displays a group personality that is both vibrant and engaging. Their tune playing features striking string and reed rhythms and accompaniments while always keeping the melody central to their arrangements. In contrast, the band also performs a selection of traditional and sean-nós songs using acapella, harmonies and instrumental arrangements.
From Galway, Limerick and Dublin, this inspiring all-female band comprises of six members: Síle Denvir, harpist; Deirdre Chawke, piano accordion; Valerie Casey and Claire Dolan, fiddles; Sarah-Jane Woods, flute; Elaine Cormican, whistles.
Sensational traditional Irish music group, Líadan, weave music and song to form a unique blend of old and new. The distinctive sound of Líadan lies in the deeply traditional essence of their music and in each band member’s ability to shine both instrumentally and vocally. From Galway, Limerick and Dublin, this inspiring all-female band comprises of six members: Síle Denvir, harpist; Deirdre Chawke, piano accordion; Valerie Casey and Claire Dolan, fiddles; Sarah-Jane Woods, flute; Elaine Cormican, whistles.
- The Late Late Show (RTÉ TV Appearance, October 2007)
- Áras an Uachtaráin (Performance for the Irish President, Mary McAleese, October 2007)
- Japanese Tour (September 2007)
- EBU Cork Folk Festival (Broadcast live on Radio 1, Lyric FM, and European radio, Aug. 2007)
- Up for the Match (RTÉ TV Appearance, August 2007)
- Milwaukee Irish Festival, USA (August 2007)
- Feakle Irish Music Festival (August 2007)
- The Chieftains Tour, Japan (June 2007)
- The Chieftains Tour, USA (Spring 2007)
- Árdán (TG4 TV Appearance, January 2007)
- Debut Album Launch, The Village, Dublin (September 2007)
- The World Fleadh, Ballybunion, Kerry (August 2006)
- The Rose of Tralee Festival, Kerry (August 2006)
- Press launch of The Lorient Interceltic Festival (July 2005)
- Oireachtas na Gaeilge, Letterkenny (May 2005)
- Celebration of the Irish World Music Centre’s 10th Anniversary (January 2005)
- University of Limerick Foundation Fundraising Dinner, Florida (March 2005)
- Oideas Gael, Gleann Cholm Cille (July 2005)
- Merriman Winter School (January 2005)
Promotional DVD available on request.
See Reviews page for reviews of the band.
Winners of the Lorient Interceltic Festival Celtic Band Competition
The Lorient Interceltique is one of the biggest Celtic music festivals in the world. Numbered among a wide range of Celtic traditional music groups and Celtic vocal groups, Líadan performed a number of gigs in various venues around the city of Lorient, culminating in their winning of the much sought-after title of ‘Best Band’. This competition has recently been won by well established groups such as Téada and Danú.
Winners of the Pan Celtic Song Competition
Irish traditional singing group, Líadan, took first prize in the ‘The Traditional Singing Group Competition’ at the 34th International Pan Celtic Festival held in the Tralee, Co. Kerry. Previous winners of the competition have included such international successes as Irish singing group, Clannad, and Scottish traditional group, Capercaillie.
Click here to download a Word document containing Líadan's technical specifications for performance venues.
Promotional DVD available on request.